Job title: Project Coordinator
Contract Length: 1 Year
Orange’s livelihoods programming aims to build the capacities and assets of vulnerable Syrian and host community individuals to enhance their social and economic self-reliance. Programme activities include; counselling, provision of transferrable skills, referral to vocational skills training, job referrals and/or provision of home-based small business grants.
The Project Coordinator holds the main responsibility for team management at the Livelihoods/Training Centres, along with the Project Officer. S/he supervises all staff implementing activities with the technical support of the Funding Partner’s Coordinator. The Coordinator plays a key role in ensuring that all activities delivered at/through the centres are taking place in a qualitative manner and relevant to the needs of the beneficiaries. The Coordinator is responsible for the achievement of the project’s indicators and for the overall budget management at base level. The Coordinator ensures that all procurement, HR and financial guidelines and procedures are in place.
Duties, objectives and competencies:
Support and provide inputs on livelihoods programme development initiatives in coordination with Livelihoods Project Manager propose ideas to programme team for feedback and proactively identify opportunities based on needs assessment and gap analysis.
Programme Development (10%)
- Support and provide inputs on livelihoods programme development initiatives in coordination with Livelihoods Project Manager: propose ideas to programme team for feedback and proactively identify opportunities based on needs assessment and gap analysis.
- Ensure that a risk analysis in the area of intervention is in place and regularly updated.
Programme Management and Implementation (50%)
- Oversee daily activities and budget expenditure of livelihoods activities in accordance with agreed work plans.
- Regularly travel to field sites and centres to ensure activities are on-track and provide technical support to field staff in line with existing protocols and guidelines.
- Track the progress of activities, ensure the collecting of program indicators and provide on-time internal status reports and external donor reports according to , donor and other applicable time-frames and formats.
- Ensure confidentiality and data security controls processes are in place and complied with by Livelihoods staff (including the staff of the implementing partners)
- Identify and advocate for opportunities to mainstream and expand livelihoods activities.
Finance, Procurement and Administration (10%)
- Follow up and monitor livelihoods budgets;
- Review and authorise programme financial documents, including reviewing vouchers and supporting documentation in line with IDRA.
- Ensure compliance with donor’s Operational Handbook
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (10%)
- Monitor protection risks and needs in projects sites on a regular basis in alignment with project requirements.
- Collaborate with M&E team to ensure monitoring activities are in place and relevant to measure the impact of livelihoods programmes and the quality of activities.
- Contribute to the development of monitoring systems for internal learning and appropriate programme adjustments in response to new opportunities/challenges
Team Management and Capacity Building (10%)
- Provide supervision, guidance and monitoring of programme staff, ensuring clarity over programme plans and priorities and encouraging effective team work.
- Facilitate regular staff meetings to ensure awareness of programme objectives, and provide opportunities for feedback
- Build staff and partners capacity on good livelihoods practices based on identified needs and capacity building plans.
Coordination and Representation (10%)
- Support the liaising with Turkish institutions and local authorities, local NGO partners and CBOs concerning livelihoods activities and project implementation;
- Promote relations and coordinate activities with other humanitarian actors, donors, UN, and civil authorities in area of intervention;
- Coordinate with other DRC offices regarding livelihoods to harmonize approaches and reports.
- University degree or advanced training/coursework in sociology, social work, international affairs, humanitarianism, business, economics, or a related field
- At least 1 year of relevant professional experience with a humanitarian aid organization
- Experience working in the field (preferably experience from southern Turkey)
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and verbal. Turkish is an asset
- Preferred Requirements and Attributes:
- Project Management (including budget management)
- Project monitoring (including reporting and data management)
- Preferred Experiences:
- Understands rights and protection issues of refugees, children and women – experience working with Syrian refugees is an advantage.
- Required Skills and Competencies:
- Proven communication, interpersonal, representation, negotiation, promotion and diplomacy skills
- Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines
- Ability to cope with high workload and stress
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a commitment to teamwork
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in Turkey and the region
HOW TO APPLY:
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please fill in the application form ( https://goo.gl/forms/Ox1UwVgRpNGYiLuO2 ) and upload an up to date CV before 8 December 2017. Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline for submission of applications.