Job title: Project Officer
Contract Length: 1 Year
General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of conflict affected population.
Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programmes, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis with capacity development programmes, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities where we work in are ready for any future disasters.
Orange’s livelihoods programming aims to build the capacities and assets of vulnerable Syrian and host community individuals to enhance their social and economic self-reliance. Programme activities include; counselling, provision of transferrable skills, referral to vocational skills training, job referrals and/or provision of home-based small business grants.
Project Officer – Training holds the main responsibility for team management at the Livelihoods/Training Centres, along with the Livelihoods Officer – Income Generation. S/he supervises all assistants and trainers implementing capacity building activities (i.e. counselling, transferrable skills and vocational skills training. The Livelihoods Officer – Training works in close cooperation with the Funding Partner’s Senior Livelihoods Officers who identify and manage the external service providers. The Livelihoods Officer – Training plays a key role in ensuring that all activities delivered at/through the centres are relevant to the needs of the beneficiaries.
Duties, objectives and competencies:
General Programming & operations (60%)
- Overall management of all training activities taking place at the Livelihoods/Training centres
- Follow up expenses related to activities taking place inside the Livelihoods/Training centres and related to the courses provided by service providers
- Overall management of Livelihood assistants working in Phase 1 (Social Self-Reliance) and Phase 2 (Economic Self-Reliance)
- Daily management of all activities taking place inside the Livelihood centre (weekly and monthly planning)
- Ensure that all tools and guidelines designed for Phases 1 & 2 are in place and used properly, and contribute to the development of new tools
- Ensure the quality of data collected during the counselling (check mistake, blanks…) and the relevance of participant lists (i.e. participants background/number of trainings provided by DRC received; course eligibly)
- Organize focus group discussions with beneficiaries to collect feedback about their needs in term of transferrable and vocational skills
- Ensure smooth coordination with trainers from service providers
- Ensure referral of beneficiaries to transferrable skills and vocational training, and referral of identified entrepreneurs to Phase 3 (income generation-Entrepreneurship
- Provide weekly reporting on indicators, achievements and challenges related to the project to Livelihoods Coordinator
- Participate in facilitating and coordinating activities within the team and with other departments within Orange
- Ensure a transparent and professional management of all Livelihood Assistants and Trainers
- Promote an open and supportive environment for team members
- Ensure that detailed project work plans are produced and that division of responsibilities amongst team members is always clear
- Ensure that team members produce relevant weekly reports
- Ensure and plan with the team project monitoring visits
Capacity building (5%)
- Analyse the needs in capacity building within the team and propose relevant capacity building plans
- Support, guide and coach team members on technical and operational issues
- Ensure that cross-cutting protection concerns are considered for all planned interventions.
- Facilitate ongoing assessment and provide support to implementing staff
- Coordinate closely with other Livelihoods Officer (Phase 3), M&E and Data Assistant, and Market Mapping and Analysis Unit
- Maintain regular exchanges with Funding Partner’s Senior Livelihoods Officers
- Coordinate with the rest of Orange team whenever needed
Monitoring & Evaluation (5%)
- Work closely with the monitoring team on monitoring and evaluation tools
- Facilitate the qualitative and quantitative monitoring of the project through team meetings, focus group, post-assistance visits, regular reporting and any other monitoring tools.
- Participate in the internal evaluation of the programme.
Any other duties as agreed with the Livelihoods Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in international human rights, law, sociology, social work, or other relevant field
- At least 2 years of relevant professional livelihoods experience with a humanitarian aid organization
- High-level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required.
- Experience working in Southern Turkey
- Project Management (including budget management)
- Project monitoring (including reporting and data management)
- Understands rights and protection issues of refugees, children and women – experience working with Syrian refugees is an advantage
- Proven communication, interpersonal, representation, negotiation, promotion and diplomacy skills
- Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines
- Ability to cope with high workload and stress
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a commitment to teamwork
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in Turkey and the region
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and verbal. Turkey is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please fill in the application form ) https://goo.gl/forms/ECiEuWPeOpYdlHj03 ) and upload an up to date CV before 8 December 2017. Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline for submission of applications.